Dr Vuyokazi Mtembu
Dr Vuyokazi Mtembu is a Senior Lecturer and Programme Academic Leader in the Graduate School of Business and Leadership. She has vast work experience in academia and industry in the field of human resource development. She has worked in the private sector and public sector in national, provincial and local government spheres.
Dr Mtembu’s research interests areas include Human Capital Management, Leadership, Green Economy, Youth Employment and Empowerment. She has published papers in South African and international peer reviewed journals. She has also presented research papers locally and in international conferences. She is involved in work of non-profit community based organisations as well as serving in governance structures as a board/council member.
- PhD (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- MCom (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- BCom Hons (University of South Africa)
- BA (Psych) (University of the Western Cape)
- Human Capital Management
- Green Human Resource Management
- Green Economy
- Youth Employment and Empowerment
Recent Publications and Papers
- South African Journal of Human Resource Management, Perceptions of employers and unemployed youth on the proposed youth employment wage subsidy incentive in South Africa: A KwaZulu-Natal study, Published June (2015)
- Journal of Public Administration, The Socio- Economic Status on Green Economy and Green Growth Indexes: Review of South Africa’s case, Paper Published September (2017).
- Acta Comercii, Greening is not a priority for human resource:Insights from human resource practitioners, Paper Published June (2018).
- Mbali Conference Proceedings, Strategic management practice among private universities in Ghana (2018)
- Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, When Performance Management Fails: Attitudes and Perceptions of Staff at a Higher Education Institution (2019).
- Problems and Perspectives in Management 17(2), 267-276, Does having knowledge of green human resource management practices influence its implementation within organizations? (2019).
- South African Journal of higher education, 34 (4), 155-73, Digital learning:perceptions of lecturers at a technical vocational education and training college (2020)
- Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal- Volume 27, Issue 2, Corporate entrepreneurship culture: a case study of a market systems development organization in Mozambique (2021)
- Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 73-80, Business Succession in Indian Family Businesses in South Africa (2021)
- Acta Comercii Journal, Effect of Organisational Justice on Deviant Behaviour: A case of public Universities in South-West Nigeria (2023)
- Corporate governance and organizational behavior review journal, The impact of covid-19 on well-being of funeral parlor employees (2023)