The Graduate School of Business and Leadership (GSB&L), at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), is the academic home of the Regional and Local Economic Development (RLEDI) Capacity Building Initiative, which is funded and supported by the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA). Through this partnership, the GSB&L offers postgraduate programmes aimed at promoting RLED research and learning, building critical thinking in relation to RLED, continuing professional development, creating a professional network of RLED graduates and strengthening the implementation practice of RLED institutions.
How you will benefit:
- It is a legal requirement for municipalities in South Africa to have an LED strategy, therefore, the Postgraduate Diploma in LED prepares candidates aspiring to specialise in the area of LED or in related fields.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in LED contributes significantly to the professionalisation of LED practitioners.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in LED has become a minimum requirement in local government for candidates applying to be LED practitioners and in other related fields.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in LED will contribute to your competence as an LED practitioner at municipality level.
- Successful candidates have the option to pursue a Masters degree.