Dr Bibi Zaheenah Chummun
Building & Room: GSB&L – Room 36
Dr Bibi Zaheenah Chummun is a Senior lecturer at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership. She holds a PhD in Business Management. Her research interests are in Microinsurance/Microfinance, Financial Inclusion and Strategic Management. Dr. Bibi Z. Chummun has over 12 years of experience in academia and has held senior positions in business industry both in Mauritius and in UK.
- PhD- NWU
- MBA- NMMU
- Diploma in Insurance(Distinction), Glasgow Caledonian University-Scotland, UK
- Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute (London-UK)
- Chartered Insurer (London-UK)
- Financial inclusion
- Strategic Management
- Chummun, B.Z. (2018). How can Artificial Intelligence reduce fraud in the inclusive cover niche: A case of developing African Countries. Journal of Contemporary Management, Vol 15: 1-17.
- Chummun, B.Z. & Gaffar, K.A. (2018). Factors that influence environmental performance in the waste industry of KwaZulu-Natal. 12th IBC International Business Conference, 23-26 September 2018, Mauritius.
- Chummun, B. Z. (2018). Mobile Security in Low-Income Households’ Businesses: A Measure of Financial Inclusion. Handbook of Research on Information and Cyber Security in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (pp. 546-565). Chapter 20. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. ISBN13: 9781522547631.
- Chummun, B.Z. (2017). An analysis of the development influences of the low-income cover (Microinsurance) market-end in South Africa. African Journal of Science, Technology, Innovation and Development. Vol.9, Issue 6. pp. 795-802 Taylor & Francis Online.