Dr Emmanuel Mutambara
Building & Room: GSB&L, Room 49
Dr Emmanuel Mutambara is a Senior Lecturer and Academic Leader for Research and Higher Degrees at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership. He joined UKZN in 2015 as a lecturer. Prior to his appointment, he was Senior Lecturer at the Management College of Southern Africa (MANCOSA) for 8 years. Before that, he was an Academic Manager at the Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU). He holds a PhD in Business Administration from North-West University, South Africa. Dr Mutambara has presented and published in excess of 35 academic peer reviewed papers locally and internationally. He has supervised 45 Masters and 4 PhD students that graduated successfully..
- Bachelor of Educational Administration, Policy and Planning Studies
- Master of Business Administration
- PhD in Business Administration
- Organisational behaviour
- Business management
- Change management.
Recent Publications and Papers:
- 1. Mazambani L., Rushwaya. T and Mutambara E. (2018). Attractions of Cape Town as an Educational Destination for African Francophone Students. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 7 (1) – (2018) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 2. Mazambani L and Mutambara E. (2018). Deepening Sustainable Value Creation in Market-led Poverty Alleviation through a Demand and Supply Integration Framework: Significance to Tourism. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 7 (2), 2018
- 3. Mazambani L , Rushwaya T and Mutambara E. (2018). Financial inclusion: Disrupted Liquidity and Redundancy of Mobile Money Agents in Zimbabwe. Journal of Investment Management and Financial Innovations. Volume 15, Issue 2, 2018.
- 4. Mazambani L and Mutambara E. (2018). Sustainable Performance OF Micro insurance in Low-income Markets. Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions/ Volume 8, Issue 2, Spring 2018
- 5. Dladla L and Mutambara E. (2018). The Impact of Training and Support Interventions on Small Businesses in the Expanded Public Works Programme—Pretoria Region. Social Science Journal. Volume 7, 248; doi:10.3390/socsci7120248 https://www.mdpi.com/journal/socsci
- 6. Chigora F and Mutambara E. (2018). Legacy, Emotions and Reality: Asymmetry or Composite formation of Zimbabwe Tourism Destination Brand Elements. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 7 (4) – (2018) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 7. Matsongoni H and Mutambara E (2018). An assessment of informal SMEs’ potential in an African economy –theoretical and conceptual framework. Public and Municipal Finance, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2018
- 8. Mthembu B and Mutambara E. (2018). Rural Tourism as a Mechanism for Poverty Alleviation in Kwa-Zulu-Natal Province of South Africa: Case of Bergville. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 7 (4) – (2018) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 9. Mthembu B and Mutambara E. (2018). Critical Resources for the Development of Rural Tourism within the greater Bergville area of Kwa-Zulu Natal South Africa. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 7 (5) – (2018) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 10. Ngobo-Gumede and Mutambara E. (2018) Leadership Influence on the Implementation and Implementation and Strengthening of Internal Controls in South African Government Departments. Moving from Research to Excellence. MBALI Conference 2018 Proceedings
- 11. Sigauke J, Sibanda R and Mutambara E (2019). Strategic Expansion Framework for South African Listed Mobile Telecommunication Companies into Emerging Markets. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 8 (2) – (2019) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 12. Chigora F and Mutambara E. (2019). Branding in the Post-truth News era: A Social Media Hegemony in Zimbabwe Tourism Brand Equity Modelling. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 8 (2) – (2019) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 13. Chigora F, Nyoni. T and Mutambara E. (2019). Forecasting 𝐶𝑂2 emission for Zimbabwe’s tourism destination Vibrancy: a Univariate Approach using Box- Jenkins Arima Model. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, Volume 8 (2) – (2019) ISSN: 2223-814X
- 14. Mazambani L, Mutambara E, Sibanda R. Conceptualization of a Customer Perspective of the Balanced Score Card for Sustainable Value Creation in Low-Income Emerging Markets. IBC conference – Zanzibar. 2017.
- Manila S, Mutambara E and Sibanda R. Factors Affecting the Roll-out of Penetrative Broadband Delivery in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. IBC conference – Zanzibar 2017.