Dr Vuyokazi Mtembu-Hlophe
Building & Room: J Block, Ground Floor, Room J01
Dr Vuyokazi Mtembu-Hlophe has more than 15 years’ work experience. She has worked in the private sector and public sector in national, provincial and local government spheres. Her research interests’ areas include Human Capital Management, Leadership, Green Economy, Youth Employment and Empowerment. She has published papers in South African and international peer reviewed journals. She has also presented research papers locally and in international conferences and is also a reviewer. She is involved in work of non-profit community based organisations as well as serving in governance structures as a board/council member.
- PhD (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- MCom (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- BCom Hons (University of South Africa)
- BA (Psych) (University of the Western Cape)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) (University of South Africa)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (University of the Western Cape)
- ETDP Certificate.
- Human Capital Management
- Green Human Resource Management
- Green Economy
- Youth Employment and Empowerment
Recent Publications and Papers:
- Journal: South African Journal of Human Resource Management, Paper Title: Perceptions of employers and unemployed youth on the proposed youth employment wage subsidy incentive in South Africa: A KwaZulu-Natal study, Published June 2015
- Journal of Public Administration: Paper Title: The Socio-Economic Status on Green Economy and Green Growth Indexes: Review of South Africa’s case, Paper Published September 2017.
- Acta Comercii, Paper Title: Greening is not a priority for human resource: Insights from human resource practitioners, Paper Published June 2018.
- Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies (JEBS): When Performance Management Fails: Attitudes and Perceptions of Staff at a Higher Education Institution, 2019.