Building & Room:GSB Block, 2nd Floor, Room 108
Mrs Kiru Naidoo
+27 31 260 7564
Ana Martins is an Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership.
Her current research interests revolve around emerging concerns for humanising organisations and leadership.
Her publications cover topics related to shared and distributed leadership, developing human capital, nurturing spiritual and emotional capitals, trust and tacit knowledge; harnessing communities of practice, social capital, innovation and creativity in teams; development of soft skills; knowledge management and culture.
She has had over 24 articles published in refereed journals, given over 43 conference papers and has had 20 chapters in edited books. She is a reviewer for various international academic, peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. (University of Fernando Pessoa, Portugal)
- Competent Manager Diploma (Open University, UK)
- B.A. (UNISA, South Africa)
- Humanising Organisations and Leadership
- Shared and Distributed Leadership;
- Emotional and Spiritual Capitals, and Performance;
- The exploration of the constructs: ‘Leadership’ and ‘Intellectual capital’ in management theory;
- Ma and ba constructs and their nexus in knowledge creation and sharing;
- Leaders’ conceptions of the people that they lead;
- Business Education of the Future for Sustainability
Recent Publications and Papers:
- Pereira, O., Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2019). Service-learning: the essence of social inclusivity through transformational education. In Ç. Doğru (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Contemporary Approaches in Management and Organizational Strategy (pp. 84-104). Hershey, PA: IGI Global publisher of the Business Science Reference, doi: 104018/978-1-5225-6301-3.ch005
- Martins, A., Martins, I., & Pereira, O. (2018). A new perspective in competitiveness for business education: communities of practice – the crystal palace. In C. G. Maheshkar, & V. Sharma (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Cross-Cultural Business Education (pp. 48-67). Hershey, PA: IGI Global publisher of the Business Science Reference, doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-3776-2.ch003
- Martins, A., Martins, I., & Pereira, O. (2018). Holistic education as the conduit to humanizing the economy. In Victor C. Wang (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Program Development and Assessment Methodologies in K-20 Education Encyclopaedia (pp. 179-219). Hershey, PA: IGI Global publisher of the Business Science Reference, doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-3132-6.ch010
- Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2017). Trust and emotions energise organisational performance. Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, EJBM, 5(1), 35-40, doi: 10.15604/ejbm.2017.05.01.004
- Martins, A., Pereira, O., & Martins, I. (2014). Intellectual capital – the dynamics of potential for organizational renewal. International Review of Business and Economic Studies IRBES, 1(1), 56- 67, ISSN 2377- 0465