Professor Theuns Pelser
Building & Room: GSB&L – Room 108
Professor Theuns Pelser was appointed at UKZN from 1 April 2015 as the Dean and Head of School for the Graduate School of Business and Leadership. He is currently a Strategy Professor in the School. Prior to his appointment, he was the Director of the Graduate School of Business and Government Leadership, North-West University, South Africa. Before that, he was the Head of Regenesys Business School (RBS) and Strategy Manager at Sasol.
He holds a PhD in Strategic Management from the Potchefstroom University, which he obtained in 2001. Prof Theuns had published more than 70 academic peer reviewed papers and supervised 29 masters and doctoral students that resulted in the conferring of degrees. He received two best paper, overall winner awards, during the last four years at international conferences. He is a reviewer for various international academic, peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD (Potchefstroomse Universiteit vir Christelike Hoër Onderwys)
- MCom (PU vir CHO)
- B.Com Hons (PU vir CHO)
- B.Com (PU vir CHO)
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Technology & Innovation Management
- Burger, F.J. Pelser, T.G. and Ellis, S. 2019. Organisational alignment of South African mining organisations. South African Journal of Business Management, 50(1): 14.
- Matthysen, A.M., Pelser, T.G. and Prinsloo, J.J. 2019. Key relationship principles for retail tenants and shopping centre management. Journal of Contemporary Management, 16(1):73-105.
- Burger, F. and Pelser, T.G. 2018. An organisational alignment framework to improve South African mining companies. Proceedings of the 12th International Business Conference, Le Maurice, Mauritius, 23 – 26 September 2018. (Best Paper Award).
- Beukes, J., Prinsloo, J.J. and Pelser, T.G. 2018. Customer service expectations from South African alcoholic beverage suppliers. Alternation, 25(1):127-153.
- Burger, F.J. and Pelser, T.G. 2018. A conceptual framework of organisational alignment to improve South African mining companies. African Journal of Business and Economic Research, 13(2):141-162.
- Mfikwe, N.M.G. and Pelser, T.G. 2017. The significance of emotional intelligence and leadership styles of senior leaders in the South African government. Journal of Contemporary Management Issues, 22(2):115-126.
- Pelser, T.G. 2015. Strategic technology management as a causality to South African company performance. International Business & Economics Research Journal, 14(6):815-828.
- Macharia, J.K.N. and Pelser, T.G. 2014. Key factors that influence the diffusion and infusion of information and communication technologies in Kenyan higher education. Studies in Higher Education, 39(4):695-709. DOI:10.1080/03075079.2012.729033
- Pelser, T.G. 2014. Sustaining industry leadership through technology strategy dimensions. Journal of Applied Business Research, 30(3):763-782.
- Pelser, T. and Prinsloo, H. 2014. Technology management and the link with technology strategy and company performance. Proceedings of the Global Business and Technology Association’s 16th Annual International Conference, Baku, Azerbaijan, 8 – 12 July 2014. (Best Paper Award)