Professor Bibi Zaheenah Chummun
Professor Bibi Chummun is an Associate Professor lecturing on both the Postgraduate Diploma and MBA programmes in the field of Strategic Marketing. She holds an undergraduate degree from Glasgow Caledonian University, United Kingdom, an MBA from Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and a PhD from North-West University in South Africa
Prof. Chummun has published several papers in collaboration with other academics, students and on her own in the field of business science, problem analysis and solving, in the area of strategic marketing and low-income insurance cover. She is currently supervising Masters and doctorate students in those fields . She is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, United Kingdom and has also worked in the corporate industry
- Business Science
- Strategic Marketing
- Low-income insurance cover
Recent Publications and Papers
- Mathithibane, MS. and Chummun, BZ. 2022. Weather index insurance in South Africa: An integrated approach to farmers’ willingness-to-pay intentions, African Review of Economics and Finance, 14 (1), 104-134: ISSN 2042-1478
- Chummun, B.Z., 2022. Does Lower Income Affect the Development of One’s Innovative Ability in the Education Niche. In Achieving Sustainability Using Creativity, Innovation, and Education: A Multidisciplinary Approach (pp. 147-172). IGI Global.
- Chummun, B.Z and Nleya, L. (2021). Effect of strategic leadership capabilities on the development of organizational citizenship behaviour. Problems and Perspectives in Management 19 (4), 97-109.
- Mvula, D. and Chummun, B.Z., 2020. Investigating industrial upgrading and business sustainability in the textile manufacturing industry in Zimbabwe. Journal of Contemporary Management, 17(2), pp.445-471.